Let’s Get Switching – with rising energy prices – Now is the ideal time to switch and fix your tariff. More than £5 million saved for East Riding Residents on the YORSwitch scheme.
Since the scheme started in 2013 YORSwitch has delivered more than £5 million savings for East Riding residents. In the latest auction more than 6,700 East Riding households registered for the YORSwitch scheme. Registrations were combined with a number of other similar initiatives around the UK, to create a collective of more than 24,000 households from 38 local authority areas.
East Riding householders who signed up for the latest round of the Council’s YORSwitch scheme saved an average of £165 each following an auction between energy companies. The council partnered with iChoosr, the UK’s leading expert in collective energy switching, together were able to deliver bespoke and highly competitive tariffs.
Now is the ideal time for residents, especially those on standard tariffs, to switch. Residents should see if they could secure a good rate for the year ahead as wholesale energy prices are likely to continue increasing in the coming weeks.
Councillor Symon Fraser, portfolio holder for strategic asset management, housing and environment at East Riding of Yorkshire Council said: “In the short term, despite forthcoming energy price caps, households should not be lulled into a false sense of security that they will get the best deal for their energy.
“It remains the fact that households which have not switched tariff recently could make significant savings by reviewing their energy contracts, and council operated collective switching schemes such as YORSwitch provide a safe and easy route for householders to engage with the energy market, and will continue to do so.”
The current round of YORSwitch ends on 27 November 2018. Registering is easy and straightforward, just visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/yorswitch, alternatively call (01482) 393939 or visit your local customer service centre. If you do not have access to the internet, please register before 19 November to enable us to get your personal offer sent out to you. Make sure you have your current energy bill to hand.
How it works:
* Register for free to express your interest.
* You register online at www.eastriding.gov.uk/yorswitch or Telephone (01482) 393939
* An auction takes place on 9 October between energy suppliers who try and win your business. (The winning supplier is the one making the lowest offer. YORSwitch is not affiliated to any supplier.)
* Personal offers will be sent out from 22 October, based on the usage information you submitted.
* You are under no obligation unless you decide to switch.
* If you decide to accept the offer you have until midnight on the 27 November 2018 to let us know
* East Riding of Yorkshire Council takes care of the entire switch for you, making the whole thing is as smooth and hassle-free as possible.