A number of free parenting courses to explore techniques and approaches to leading a healthy family lifestyle are taking place at venues across Hull.
The HENRY (Health, Exercise and Nutrition in the Really Young) parenting course, aimed at parents and carers of babies and young children under the age of five, are a unique and highly successful intervention to give young children the best start in life.
The FREE eight-week courses start on:
• Tuesday 9 January at Acorns Children's Centre, 12.45 – 2.45pm
• Tuesday 9 January at Parks Children's Centre, 9.30 - 11.30am
• Tuesday 16 January at Marfleet Children's Centre, 1 - 3pm
• Tuesday 22 January at Priory Children's Centre, 9.30 - 11.30am
• Tuesday 22 January at Lemon Tree Children's Centre, 12.45 - 2.45pm
These courses are an ideal way to discuss family related health topics in a friendly and supportive environment, as well as increasing parents knowledge and understanding around leading a healthy lifestyle and advice on making small, measurable changes to daily habits. Participants who attend the weekly sessions will receive a free HENRY toolkit. Sessions may also include 30 minutes of ‘Family Time’ with games and activities.